CROSS COUNTRY SKI
Try something new and join a beginner Cross Country ski lesson. Come to Windy Corner to meet the head of Cross Country Ski School Ken Orr and his team for your first experience.
Instruction can be combined with ski hire packages. Most Cross Country lessons will take place in the nearby Nordic Bowl, and being so close to Windy Corner means it’s a nice and easy to stop in for a coffee or hot chocolate at Windy Corner Café.
CROSS COUNTRY SKI CLINICS
Been skiing for a while?
Join Rob Jones, the Australian Ski Team coach for juniors and Under 23’s for expert clinics in skating, classic, downhill & cornering, poling and much more.
See Facebook@fallscreekxc for the weekly clinic schedule, or drop into the Falls Creek Cross Country at Windy Corner for a copy.
Always wanted to see the backcountry? Come and see Geza Kovacks who runs Falls Creek Cross Country’s backcountry touring.
Geza and her dedicated staff lead ½ and full day tours, on skis or snowshoes at 10am every day except Monday and Saturday.
ADULT (18 - 120 years)
CHILD (6 - 17 years)
*Terms and Conditions Apply (See Below)
WHERE DO I GO?
The meeting point for all lessons is at the front of Cloud 9, there will be marked flags for each level - this is at the top of the Halley’s Comet chairlift.
We recommend joining the Halley’s Comet line in Slalom Plaza 30 minutes before the lesson start time should give you enough time.
SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSON GRADING LEVELS
Just like our ski trails, the Falls Creek Snowsports School grading system for adults and kids programs is just like our ski trails. Our programs are graded green, blue and black with the addition of yellow for first time skiers and boarders.
- You have never skied before or would like to start from the very beginning.
- If you’ve never skied before, consider a Learn to Ski Program.
- This specialised program lets you access the lifts best suited to beginners, saving the rest of the resort until tomorrow!
- You have never boarded before or would like to start from
the very beginning.
- If you’ve never skied before, consider a Learn to Ride Program.
- This reduced price pass and lesson combo lets you access the lifts best suited to beginners and opens up new terrain as you progress
- You can snow plough stop and would like to learn to snow plough turn on green terrain.
- You will progress with you balance on both edges, develop direction change and speed control.
- You can snow plough turn on green runs such as Wombats Ramble and would like to learn how to match the skis parallel.
- You are comfortable on Green terrain and would like to try a blue.
- You can sideslip on one or both edges. You will further balance on both edges and develop direction and speed control.
- You can do falling leaf, traverse across the hill on both edges and do a controlled stop. You will learn/improve single turns on both edges.
- You are comfortable on green terrain like Drovers Dream
and would like to try a blue slope
- You can ski parallel through most of the turn and would like to learn how to have a parallel start.
- You can ski parallel for all of the turns on blue terrain such as Ruined Castle and would like to learn how to carve parallel turns.
- You are comfortable on Blue Terrain and would like to try a black slope.
- You can do single turns on both edges, and will develop our linked turns on green runs.
- You can link turns on green runs, and will learn to refine your riding technique on blue runs.
- When ready, we can try some basic freestyle in the Terrain Park.
- You are comfortable on blue terrain and would like to try a black slope.
- You can comfortably ski black terrain and would like to learn a variety of turn shapes on black terrain.
- You would like to learn how to ski bumps and challenging types of terrain.
- You can easily ski the whole mountain and would like to refine your technique in bumps, racing, off piste, steeps and our skiing in all types of conditions.
- You will learn to ride steeper terrain and switch.
- You will learn flat-land tricks, basic carving and basic Terrain Park etiquette.
- You can turn confidently on black terrain, ride switch on green terrain and are competent in hitting basic Terrain Park features.
- You are comfortable on all black terrain and would like to explore the off piste.
*Terms and Conditions
- Group lessons must have a minimum three people. For less than 3 people the duration of the lesson is 1 hour
- Multiple lessons must be purchased for the same guest.
- All 2 and 3 day group lessons are valid for consecutive days. 4 of 6; 5 of 7; 6 of 8 and 7 of 9 day lesson products allow for rest days.
- Senior – 65 years plus. Must produce proof of age to purchase product and receives 50% off the Adult Rate. Only Group lessons are discounted for Seniors – Private Lessons are not.
- Prices do NOT include the $5.00 Snow Pass Card fee.
- A Falls Creek/Hotham Snow Pass Card is required when purchasing a lift ticket and lesson products. This includes under 5 & over 70’s and these cards can be reloaded (not only this season but in future seasons).
- The Snow Pass Card fee is applicable for guests who do not already have a re-loadable Hotham/Falls Creek Snow Pass Card.
- If a card is lost or stolen, a replacement card will be required to be purchased.
- To book a private lesson phone the Snowsports School on 03 5758 1070