For the ultimate experience in personalised tuition, you can’t go past a private lesson. Your instructor will boost your confidence, work on your style and raise your skills to the next level.
Learning through the Snowsports School also gives you lift priority via the Snowsports School Express Lines.
For the day of your lesson you will need a Snow Pass with a Lift Pass and Snowsports School Lesson pre-loaded onto your Snow Pass. You can do this all via the Estore.
You will also need to be suited up with your snow gear, helmet*, skis and boots or snowboard and boots. If you require rentals it is highly recommended that you organise this at least the night before the lesson to save you time, especially during the weekend.
The meeting point for all lessons is at the front of Cloud 9, there will be marked flags for each level - this is at the top of the Halley’s Comet chairlift. We recommend joining the Halley’s Comet line in Slalom Plaza 30 minutes before the lesson start time you give you enough time.
*Helmets are compulsory at Falls Creek to ensure the safety of all our guests, for more information click here to view Falls Creek’s Helmet Policy.
If you want to take your skiing and snowboarding to the next level and make the most of our most challenging terrain, Black Diamond Private Lessons are for you.
Choose from 120 minute and 90 minute sessions from 3:00pm and 3:30pm respectively and explore the steeps and bumps of the Summit in the late afternoon.
SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSON GRADING LEVELS
Just like our ski trails, the Falls Creek Snowsports School grading system for adults and kids programs is just like our ski trails. Our programs are graded green, blue and black with the addition of yellow for first time skiers and boarders.
- You have never skied before or would like to start from the very beginning.
- If you’ve never skied before, consider a Learn to Ski Program.
- This specialised program lets you access the lifts best suited to beginners, saving the rest of the resort until tomorrow!
- You have never boarded before or would like to start from
the very beginning.
- If you’ve never skied before, consider a Learn to Ride Program.
- This reduced price pass and lesson combo lets you access the lifts best suited to beginners and opens up new terrain as you progress
- You can snow plough stop and would like to learn to snow plough turn on green terrain.
- You will progress with you balance on both edges, develop direction change and speed control.
- You can snow plough turn on green runs such as Wombats Ramble and would like to learn how to match the skis parallel.
- You are comfortable on Green terrain and would like to try a blue.
- You can sideslip on one or both edges. You will further balance on both edges and develop direction and speed control.
- You can do falling leaf, traverse across the hill on both edges and do a controlled stop. You will learn/improve single turns on both edges.
- You are comfortable on green terrain like Drovers Dream
and would like to try a blue slope
- You can ski parallel through most of the turn and would like to learn how to have a parallel start.
- You can ski parallel for all of the turns on blue terrain such as Ruined Castle and would like to learn how to carve parallel turns.
- You are comfortable on Blue Terrain and would like to try a black slope.
- You can do single turns on both edges, and will develop our linked turns on green runs.
- You can link turns on green runs, and will learn to refine your riding technique on blue runs.
- When ready, we can try some basic freestyle in the Terrain Park.
- You are comfortable on blue terrain and would like to try a black slope.
- You can comfortably ski black terrain and would like to learn a variety of turn shapes on black terrain.
- You would like to learn how to ski bumps and challenging types of terrain.
- You can easily ski the whole mountain and would like to refine your technique in bumps, racing, off piste, steeps and our skiing in all types of conditions.
- You will learn to ride steeper terrain and switch.
- You will learn flat-land tricks, basic carving and basic Terrain Park etiquette.
- You can turn confidently on black terrain, ride switch on green terrain and are competent in hitting basic Terrain Park features.
- You are comfortable on all black terrain and would like to explore the off piste.