Reasons to take a lesson
Whether you’re new to the slopes or a veteran of your sport, group lessons are a great way to learn, improve or refine your skills. When it comes to skiing and snowboarding, our Snowsports School instructors are your personal trainers, here to elevate you to the next level. Get involved and enjoy these benefits:
- First class advice in a safe and supportive environment
- Learn with people of your same ability
- Skip lift lines with our priority loading
- Explore the mountain in ways you've never seen before!
Choosing the best lesson for you
Morning Group Lesson
Start fresh in the morning with a lesson to elevate your skiing for the rest of the day. Our morning group lessons will see you learning alongside others of your same ability level in a larger group environment. Our morning group lessons start at 10:00am and run for two hours and twenty minutes to ensure you get the most out of your lesson!*
Afternoon Super Session
Progress your skills to set you up for the rest of your holiday. Our afternoon super sessions cater for an intimate group experience, where you will learn alongside others of your same ability level in a smaller group environment. Our afternoon super sessions start at 1:30pm and run for an hour and twenty minutes, giving you the afternoon to practice those skills!
*If there are less than 3 people in a morning group lesson, the lesson will start at 10:00am and run for 1 hr and 20 mins.
What to bring along
You will need to have a valid Snow Pass card, with a lift pass and your lesson loaded onto it. You will also need to be suited up with your snow gear, helmet, skis and boots or snowboard and boots. Pre-purchase online to save yourself time and money by clicking here.
Falls Creek's Helmet Policy requires that all participants in children's snowsport programs, plus any programs that access our terrain parks, race courses or similar activities wear an approved snowsports helmet. Click here to view Falls Creek’s Helmet Policy.
Falls Creek Snowsports School offer adult group lessons twice a day to ensure that you always have the chance to learn with our best instructors. All adult group lessons meet at the top of Halley's Comet chairlift, opposite Cloud 9 Falls Creek.
Morning Group Lesson
Arrival time: 9:45 AM
Start time: 10:00 AM
End time: 12:20 PM*
Afternoon Super Session
Arrival time: 1:15 PM
Start time: 1:30 PM
End time: 2:50 PM
*If there are less than 3 people in a morning group lesson, the lesson will start at 10:00 AM and run for 1 hr and 20 mins.
All adult group lessons meet at the top of Halley's Comet chairlift, opposite Cloud 9 Falls Creek. When you arrive at the top of Halley's Comet chairlift, you will see coloured flags to the left clearly labelled SKI for our skiers and coloured flags to the right clearly labelled SNB for our snowboarders. All adult group lessons meet at these flags. Refer to our Grading Levels for information about the best level for you.
We recommend joining the Halley's Comet chairlift line in Slalom Plaza or Eagle Express chairlift in the Village Bowl at least 30 minutes before the lesson start time.
Falls Creek Snowsports School cater for all ability levels, from first-time skiers and snowboarders to those chasing new challenges. Use the guide below to find the description that best reflects your current ability to identify the best level for you.
- Yellow Flag is for you if you are a new skier who has never skied before or if you would like to start learning to ski again from the very beginning.
- Green Flag is for you if you can snow plough stop and turn. You are comfortable on green terrain and want to match your skis parallel.
- Blue Flag is for you if you ski parallel most or all of the time. You are comfortable on blue terrain and want to carve parallel turns.
- Black Flag is for you if you comfortably ski black runs. You want to refine your technique on more challenging terrain.
- Yellow Flag is for you if you are a new snowboarder who has never snowboarded before or if you would like to start learning to snowboard again from the very beginning.
- Green Flag is for you if you can side slip on one or both edges. You are comfortable on green terrain and can do falling leaf and a controlled stop.
- Blue Flag is for you if link turns and want to refine technique. You are comfortable on blue terrain and want to try some basic freestyle.
- Black Flag is for you if you comfortably ride black runs. You want to ride more challenging terrain, carve, and ride the terrain park.
Pre-purchase online to save yourself time and money. Lessons can also be booked in resort at The Home Base, Base One, Base Two, Slalom Plaza Ticket Office and the Snowsports School Office in Cloud 9.
For further enquiries, contact our friendly Sales and Reservations team via phone or email.
Phone: 03 5758 1000